Emmie’s world might sound familiar. It’s a place where hopes and dreams constantly collide with the ups and downs of daily life, from job interviews (scary!!) to routine chores like groceries and laundry. Except Emmie is a robot – a sheep-loving android who is bad at math and worried about nonexistence. Even the ordinary is an adventure!
Now Recharging is a slice-of-life story that takes place in a world not that different from our own – aside from sentient/sapient robots being an accepted matter of fact. For one little robot designed to learn naturally with no apparent end application, there’s still a lot to figure out about life and living!
- Now Recharging contains some swearing.
- It updates Mondays and Thursdays here, and at GoComics (about 1 chapter behind).
- Completed chapters are also available on INKR.
- There’s also an RSS feed for those who like to use them to keep track of all your webcomics! http://nowrecharging.com/comic/feed/
I’m Maiji/Mary Huang, and this webcomic started as my attempt to express and address some of my biggest fears, and also share things I care about, in a gentle, amusing and comforting way.
This story includes, in no particular order: warm family-like relationships, a sense of wonder for the ordinary, asexuality and non-binary identities, marshmallows, pretty rocks, Eastern philosophy and mythology, palliative care, not being afraid to talk about death and dying, many kinds of pancakes, soft fluffy sheep, GLADIATORBOTS!!, a beautiful princess who is a turtle (her name is Miss Princess Turtle), silly puns, and a bunch of other stuff I like.
- September 2015: Now Recharging begins posting on Tumblr as its main site
- September 2016: Now Recharging begins running on GoComics
- December 2018: Now Recharging migrates its main site to Smack Jeeves
- December 2019: Now Recharging moves to its main site to its own little home (a world of thanks and much love to the lovely Atorier for making this site!)
- August 2020: Now Recharging joins the SpiderForest Webcomic Collective!
- November 2020: Now Recharging begins running on INKR